Welcome to the Komms Klinic training and awareness raising space!
We all work with information and knowledge and we communicate continuously. We generate lots of knowledge and valuable ideas; we meet partners and colleagues in events; we need to organize, find and track our and others' knowledge. 'Komms Klinic' helps you better communicate your work, generate and share information and knowledge and engage with partners.
We are starting a new series of Komms Klinics sessions: Every six weeks, starting from 20 April 2012, we organize a public Komms Klinic session to give an overview of the main issues under each of the seven areas (see navigation bar on the left) that we have identified as key for smarter information, knowledge and communication. In addition, we invite any team, organization or individual to contact us for specific guidance on any of these areas or specific issues under each of these areas. Download the [http:mahider.ilri.org/handle/10568/16844| Komms Klinics flyer] from our Mahider repository or discover the new approach on this [http:infoilri.wordpress.com/2012/05/23/komms-klinics-reloaded/| article].
What's happening next?
- The next Komms Klinics awareness-raising session is focusing on ' Working with multimedia' and is scheduled for Wednesday 31 October 2012 from 11.00 to 12.30 at the ILRI Nairobi JVC room (and virtually at the Addis campus and other ILRI offices). This session will be announced on Yammer and during upcoming coffee mornings.
- The final Komms Klinics awareness-raising session for this year is tentatively scheduled for 16 November 2012 and will focus on 'Publishing and design'. It will be run from Addis.
What happened previously?
The last Komms Klinics session was focusing on ' Finding and managing information' and took place on Tuesday 28 August 2012 in Addis Ababa. The session before that was about ' Public Awareness' and took place on Tuesday 10 July 2012 in Nairobi.
Need further help to develop smarter information, knowledge and communication?
- For public Komms Klinic sessions or private and tailored sessions, you can always contact [firstname.lastname@example.org], [email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- For general guidance on communication, you can visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on our communication wiki
- For specific social media tool support, contact [email@example.com] or [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- If you want to run your own Komms Klinics session, please read this checklist page.