From ilri-training ilriwikis
Under this broad communication area, Komms Klinics zooms in on the following aspects, among others:
- Wide, public, visibility
- Press releases
- Media outreach
- New trends in public awareness
Awareness raising session: "Public awareness”
10 July, 11.00-12.30, JVC room, ILRI Kenya, Nairobi.
- Results of the interactive discussion on: What should be priorities to make our work better known at your individual level, in your team and for ILRI?
- Blog post: 'Grabbing public attention for your work – an ILRI Komms Klinic on public awareness'
- Presentation: [[:File:Komms Klinic 2012_Public Awareness.ppt]]
- Outline sheet for this event: File:KommsKlinic-Awareness_raising-3 Public Awareness without resources.pdf
|Awesome! I learned so much!||-||-||Superb! It went like a dream|
|Great! I learned quite a bit||17||13||Nice! I liked how it was organized|
|It was ok||9||3||Not bad|
|Mwaah... nothing really new||-||1||Duh! Too chaotic!|
|Terrible! I could have been the instructor||-||-||??!? This was a complete waste of my time|
|Awesome! I learned so much!||Superb! It went like a dream|
|Great! I learned quite a bit||Nice! I liked how it was organized|
|It was ok||Not bad|
|Mwaah... nothing really new||Duh! Too chaotic!|
|Terrible! I could have been the instructor||??!? This was a complete waste of my time|
Additional comments and suggestions:
- Great! keep it up
- It was very good; but the quality of WEBX need to be improved more in order to have a smooth transmission. The rest was very good
- Connection b/n the venue was not good to listen and view
- Great session keep it up.
- I like the idea of this awareness - training clinic that involves both comms people and scientists coming together, and discussing common issues or concerns.
- Awesome, after each clinic, there should be a follow up on next steps or how things can be more forward based on suggestion or recommendations.
- Great, this is an opportunity to learn how to communicate effectively, we need more sessions.
- Good, weekly communication tips to staff will enhance effective communication in ad out of ILRI and raise individual and the institutions profile.